Braun IRT6020 ThermoScan 5 Ear Thermometer
- To use this product a Lens Filter has to be placed on the probe-tip--see Owner Manual linked below
- Clinically tested thermometer with large front panel display to see temperature while measuring
- Patented Exact Temp feedback system confirms in seconds that the thermometer is in the correct position and an accurate temperature reading has been taken
- Memory recalls the last temperature reading in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Fast, accurate and safe for newborns and the whole family
- Ultra soft and gentle tip is warmed up to 34C for enhanced accuracy and extra comfort
- Please refer to the Indications section for details on how to use the thermometer
Why measure in the ear with Braun ThermoScan?
The Braun ThermoScan measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. Since the eardrum shares blood supply with the temperature control centre in the brain, the ear accurately reflects changes in the core body temperature.
Braun ThermoScan has been proven to be more accurate than taking temperature rectally*. The probe of the thermometer can safely be used to measure the temperature with newborns as it does not have to be fully inserted into the ear canal to get an accurate measurement.
**Herzog L., Philips S. Addressing Concerns About Fever. Clinical Paediatrics. 2011: 50 (no.5): 383-390.*Measurements in detecting temperature changes. Nimah, Marianne M., et al. Infrared tympanic thermometry in comparison with other temperature measurement techniques in febrile children.
Pre warmed tip
Whereas the tip of other thermometers can cool the area within the ear where the temperature is being measured and result in variable readings, the tip on the ThermoScan 5 is pre-warmed to 34C before use, ensuring professional accuracy . The pre-warmed tip also makes for a more pleasant experience for little ones and is suitable for use with newborns.
Patented ExacTemp positioning system confirms good position in the ear with a light and a beep.
Speed of measurement is important, esp. when measuring temperature to kids. Braun ThermoScan takes temperature in a few seconds.
Disposable hygienic probe covers
Designed so you can easily switch between users without having to spend time cleaning the probe. Use a clean disposable hygienic lens filter with each measurement:
1) To maintain hygiene 2) to protect your child from cross-contamination 3) to ensure earwax residues do not impact accuracy of the reading.